Old July 30th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
msg msg is offline

Default microwave oven power supply

Jimmie D wrote:

there are appaently 2 types, one is made to run off of 12 volts maybe
24 VDC and the other runs off of 120VAC.
I think the 120VAC initially converts it to 300VDC then aplies it to the
inverter circuit.. Still trying to find a schematic to verify. I would think
this technology could be a major help for amp builders allowing us to build
inexpensive power supplies and easily custom wind the inverter transformers.

Please dig out the ones you have and take photos, front and rear of the
entire unit and if you don't mind, disassemble and photograph and
components. I can host the photos if you wish (email them to me).
This would _really_ help in the evaluation until any of us find schematics.

Regards,

Michael
msg _at_ cybertheque _dot_ org