Old July 30th 07, 07:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Buck Frobisher Buck Frobisher is offline

Default things you find when you straighten up

Need more space, and decided that I finally had to touch the pile of dusty
and cobwebby stuff I put under the stairs 16 years ago when I moved in here.

Wouldn't you know it, I found all kinds of stuff I've been looking for
forever.

The attached image is a letter I got 31 years ago with 11 pages of service
information for my first radio I actually "collected", a 1936
Rogers-Majestic "Victory". Back in '76, not long after I got the radio, I
somehow discovered that the trail of acquisitions that happened since the
radio was born left it with Philips Canada as its parent company.

I remember being amazed that they still had information on it, and the
older-sounding (at the time) fellow that I spoke to when I called Philips
told me that he had worked for R-M back in the day. I would imagine that
all those doc went into a dumpster somewhere long ago.

The point of the letter was to politely ask me for two dollars for the work
of finding the document, photo-copying it on one of those early machines
that used thermal transfer paper, and mail it to me.

Well, of course I scanned all 11 pages of it, since I was already pushing my
luck with that antique thermal paper, but the scans are a good size,
somewhat by accident. The document actually looks like a short course in
old radio repair, with pages pulled from various publications. If anyone
needs any of it, let me know and I'll send it along..

Regards, a cleaner than yesterday
Buck Frobisher