Old July 30th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
msg msg is offline

Default GE Superradio III Help

American Insurgent wrote:

snip

Long shank screwdriver, available at a good electronics store, and no
Radio Shack does not count. The place where I bought mine went out of
business years ago. A decent electronics store is tough to find.

snip

Making special tools is often a requirement in this field; feel free
to grind a piece of square steel bar of the proper width at the end
into the correct size spade for a screwdriver -- with a hand grinder
(dremel tool) and cutoff wheel, you can make a reed-prince or philips
head as well. If you need to make a "Mac cracking tool" for the
classic Macs, weld a torx bit of the proper size onto the end of
a 12 inch long barbeque poker -- works well for me

Regards,

Michael