Old July 30th 07, 07:57 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
G \Guglielmo\ Evans G4SDW G \Guglielmo\ Evans G4SDW is offline

Default USB (the other one!) A2D converters?

"G "Guglielmo" Evans GW4SDW" wrote in message
Does anyone have experience and/or recommendations
for analogue and digital I/O interfaces based on the Universal
Serial Bus (USB)?

Just an idea for the genesis of a homebrew spectrum analyser.

Next consideration....not having to hand any components or
experience of the broadcast TV band (0.4 - 1GHz?) I wonder
what tuners and mixers are fitted to modern TVs and if anyone
can recommend a tuner separate from a main board that
might be used.

Also, where tuners are driven by I2C and similar busses, are
they channelised to fit the standard TV channels, or do they
have a delta frequency, say, 10kHz, that might be useful
for a spectrum analyser?