Old July 31st 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Arv-K7HKL Arv-K7HKL is offline

Default Off topic .. what's the best reception portable am/fm for Camping...

On 30 Jul, 15:32, "noname" wrote:
come on guys,.... someone must know a good and cheap radio to
recommand....... Please...

Stef.

"noname" wrote in message

... Hi. I'm sorry if this is off topic here but I thought some of you would
know.

I'm looking for a small portable battery operated AM/FM radio to bring
with me on hunting/fishing trips, so I guess what I'm looking for is a
radios with a strong receiver to catch as many station as possible. I'm
not looking for better sound, just a basic radio I know any radio won't
work if you are too far away, but that won't be my case. with the radio I
have now , I can catch like 1 FM station whenb weather permits, and 4 or 5
AM stations,... I would like to increase these numbers as much as
possible..

Can you recommend a good brand/model please?

regards
stef, Montreal, Canada.

Stef in Montreal

This is the Amateur Radio "Homebrewing" focus group. So to bring your
request a bit more "on-topic", why not design and build your own radio
equipment? Think of the fun and sense of satisfaction you could get
from using a radio set that you have designed and built. It's
easy...we do it all the time.

Arv - K7HKL