Old July 31st 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Roadie Roadie is offline

Default Kenwood R-5000 problem

On Jul 31, 3:05 pm, "Mike M." wrote:
Hi,
I have a twenty year old R-5000. The power was off for a while and
I noted that the digital display is showing a series of dots where
there should be numerals in the frequency display.
I get frequencies for three seconds when I turn the tuning dial but
they vanish into dots again.
Anyone encounter this? Solutions please?
Thank you,
Mike

Check the Kenwood R5000 forum on Yahooo Groups. There are several
excellent articles dealing with problems of this excellent but aging
radio.