Old August 1st 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Tim Shoppa Tim Shoppa is offline

Default Systematic calls for upgraded to extra in 3-land?

I upgraded from Advanced to Extra last Sunday. Woo-hoo! I felt like
the last advanced left on the planet :-).

I figured, that since there are available 1x2 and 2x1 calls in 3-land,
that if I checked the "assign new systematic call" I would get one of
them.

But now looking at the license database websites, I see new extras in
3-land getting calls like KB3PLB, in the same sequence of the 2x3
block as all the Novices. (Oops, I mean Technicians.)

Did I make a mistake? Is the only way to get anything other than a
2x3, is to pay for a vanity call?

Tim. (at the moment, KA0BTD/AE).