Old November 3rd 03, 07:21 PM
KS7J

Reg,

Thanks for the demolition work! HI. I guess I was less concerned with
losses than detuning of the antenna system by an inadvertent
reconfiguration of the feedline should it come close to metal or
itself. Not so much per usage/session at the rig, but in the case of
doing a large turn of the antenna or in a high breeze situation that
would necessitate re-tuning between QSOs or mid-QSO. Or, at the very
least not distract me with large variances of SWR whilst I'm
transmitting. Still haven't looked into the slip ring method, but it
seems to me a good stiff ladder line or twinlead shouldn't pose too
great a problem in a rotary situation.

73,

Casey, KS7J