Old August 5th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
charlie charlie is offline

Default RF Grounding Dilemmas

Bill Janssen wrote:
SNIP
If you use a dipole antenna you don't need a ground. I would use your
option 1. If you decide
to use a vertical antenna then you can figure your ground conductor as
part of the antenna. I did
that when I was living in a town house
Bill K7NOM

Just think what a ground wire of 30 foot represents in terms of
wavelength, whatever it may be it will not be an RF ground!

As suggested, the best bet is to go for a balanced antenna such as a
dipole or set of dipoles. Use a balun at the antenna and feed with
coax straight to your rig/SWR meter. This works well for me in a
first floor shack with antennas in the loft.

Charlie.

--
M0WYM
www.radiowymsey.org