Old August 5th 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Hiroshima

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Not long from now, it will be Monday morning, August 6 in Hiroshima,
Japan.

Let's pause, and remember the time when men were men, and the sheep
knew their place. A time when we actually gave our enemies the
thumping they so thoroughly deserved, without endlessly whining about
it.

Yes, it will soon be the 62nd Anniversary of the Atomic bombing of
Hiroshima.

And, I'm certain it will be mentioned on shortwave, so keep your
radio on.

Some people don't get it. This page in Wikipedia states "100,000
innocent civilians killed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki

Stupid idiots in this country never learn. This makes the Japanese
smarter than us because they did learn this lesson. The Japanese fought
a brutal war and understand what it would take to beat them. People
today think of war as a police action when the purpose of war is to
destroy or nearly destroy EVERYTHING in the fighting arena forcing
complete capitulation by the enemy. If you don't level the place you get
Iraq for example. I hope the American on Wednesday is not an idiot.

What's Up Japan
North America
0:00 - 1:00 UTC on 6145
1:00 - 2:00 UTC on 17825
17:00 - 18:00 UTC on 9535
Mon.-Fri.14:10-14:30 (repeat) 19:10,23:10,2:10,9:10,10:10 This program
features current topics in politics, economics, sport and other fields
in Japan and across Asia, giving insight into the world of Japan and
Asia now. It will also be presented in 20 languages on Radio Japan
Focus at various broadcasting times, dependent on the language service.

Aug. 6,Mon. Sketch of Hiroshima in the summer of 2007
Aug. 7,Tue. The war poems of Hirohiko Okano
Aug. 8,Wed. An American to spread the message of Hiroshima to the world
Aug. 9,Thu. Atomic Bomb Victim Autobiographies
Aug.10,Fri. Passing down the story of the Himeyuri Corps

--
Telamon
Ventura, California