Old August 5th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Hiroshima

In article ,
D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Not long from now, it will be Monday morning, August 6 in
Hiroshima, Japan.

Let's pause, and remember the time when men were men, and the sheep
knew their place. A time when we actually gave our enemies the
thumping they so thoroughly deserved, without endlessly whining
about it.

Yes, it will soon be the 62nd Anniversary of the Atomic bombing of
Hiroshima.

And, I'm certain it will be mentioned on shortwave, so keep your
radio on.

dxAce Michigan USA

Steve, normally I would be amused by this. Lord knows I long for a
time when men were men, sheep were nervous, and Oprah wasn't mother
to US ALL. But that morning in Hiroshima, we entered an age from
which we cannot retreat. The end of innocence. The end of simplicity.
The end of nations minding their own damned business.

Truth is, if it hadn't been us, it would have been someone else.
Delaying our entry into that war, it would have been Germany. Or the
Soviets. Or, God help us, Japan. So, it was an era into which we as a
species were going to enter, no matter who threw down the gauntlet.

Snip

You understand that if the Japanese had a nuke they would have dropped
it on Pearl Harbor. They would not have needed to send a whole fleet
just one carrier, one plane, and one bomb. The Germans would have been
sending nukes on those V2 rockets they had at the time instead of
conventional warheads. The V2 would not have to be very accurate to
cause mass destruction in England.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California