Old August 6th 07, 04:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
K3HVG[_2_] K3HVG[_2_] is offline

Default Any suggestions for good way to store loose tubes?

wrote:
Double-posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew and r.r.a.boatanchors

Tubes in their original boxes are easy to store; just line them up on
little shelves which have enough "lip" to keep them from falling off.
But what about tubes which are NOT in individual boxes? I currently
have boxes and boxes (shoe-box size boxes) of loose tubes (mostly 7-
and 9-pin and octal bases; plus a few bigger ones, such as 807/1625,
1619, etc.) Has anyone found a really-good way to store loose tubes?

I've considered making some flat shelves (with enough "lip" ...) and
just laying the tubes down horizontally side by side. I've also drilled
some tube-base-diameter holes in a piece of 2x2 (actually 1.5x1.5) so
they'll stand on end; looks nice and would be easy to mount as shelves,
but will probably cost a fortune in spade drill bits!

Any suggestions?

I'll add that either Antique or Angela Instruments have boxes galore.
Also, Antique and other have a egg-crate type dividers especially for
various tube sizes. I just bought several hundred boxes from Angela
with the Westinghouse logo. They're cheap if you can live with the
logo!!!! hi!! de Jeep/K3HVG