Old August 8th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Crackles McFarly Crackles McFarly is offline

Default Need Advice For Weather Alert Radio: S.A.M.E. WX RADIO TO BUY??

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 08:16:34 -0700, Evan Platt
sayd the following:

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 03:31:43 -0400, Crackles McFarly
wrote:

1. I've 'gotten' about 4 replies, 2 were for the same radio the other
2 were radios not being made right now.

Ok, so reply to those replies with a followup.

I think I replied to each of those several times since we kept
debating and they just wouldn't tell me an answer.

2. I know of no rule on posting.

There's no rule, it's called common courtesy. If someone replies to
you, have the courtesy to reply to them advising them what's incorrect
with their reply - ie "Well, the model you gave me information on is
discontinued." You're then likely to get a reply. If you keep posting
the same message, you're likely to get ignored.

If I get ignored for a SINCERE/NON-TROLLING request for help that is
just plain sad. So many post on usenet as trolls and here I am trying
to get some help and I am lumped into their pile.

I'll ask some related questions a few more times. If the results are
as they have been to date I'll just unsubscribe. What is the point.

If the 3 newsgroups about this topic can't have some adults to provide
an answer then I am relegated to FORUMS which is better for this
problem I assume.

Anyway, thanks for at least being HONEST ;-)