Old August 9th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Nobody[_3_] Nobody[_3_] is offline

Default degan/kaito 1103

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 07:58:19 -0700, Roadie wrote:

On Aug 3, 5:07 pm, "voyager2007" wrote:
Hi
Can anyone tell me who actually makes the degan/kaito 1103 please. I always
thought it was Tecsun, am I right?
thanks
voyager

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

There is an entity called Degen with offices in Shenzen that claims to
design and manufacture a variety of products. Whether thay actually
manufacture all component parts from scratch or assemble them is
probably an open question. From what I've read Degen markets it's
products through Tecsun Hong Kong. Whether Degen is a western style
subsidiary of Tecsun or whether there is cross ownership of the two
companies or whether they are tied in through other corporate entities
is not apparent from the information I've read.

Does it really matter? If my Degen 1103 works perfectly well... and
is supposedly/presumably the same as the Kaito 1103... should I be
aware (or gasp, worried) that Tecsun makes it/them?

In North America, department stores market electonics/appliances under
their own brand names that are manufactured by someone else (whose
name is generally kept obscured).

The Degen name apparently cannot be marketed outside China because of
some sort of German brand conflict.

So wot's the Big Deal?

I sense an American "Red Baiting" scare in the earlier part of the
thread.

In which case, as most posters here are presumably male, please go
look at where the gotchies cupping yer balls are made... probably
China.