Old August 9th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Martin[_3_] Martin[_3_] is offline

Default Slightly OT - Need Motorola Speaker/Mic Details and Wiring

Hopefully someone who reads this group will be familiar with these
radios, Motorola T7400 FRS/GMRS. The alt.radio.family newsgroup has
degenerated to an unintellible level.

My friend and I have a set of these, which work extremely well as
general-purpose handhelds (much better range than our IC-Q7s, and only
cost $20 a pair after rebate). We'd like to use the T7400s for bike-
to-bike communications on motorcycle trips. Our plan is to mount
small speakers inside the helmets, and a microphone element in the
lower face guard, to reduce wind noise. There would be a PTT switch,
most likely mounted near one of the handgrips.

What we can't seem to find are the required tech specs on the speaker
and microphone elements, or a wiring diagram for the single plug that
connects everything to the radio. I'm aware that some radios short
the mic element with a resistor to actuate PTT, but need a lot more
specifics for this model.

thanks and regards,

Martin