Old August 11th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Need inexpensive spectrum analyzer

In article ,
"Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T)" wrote:

Can anyone suggest a decent inexpensive spectrum analyzer, that I can look
for used on ebay, that would be suitable for evaluating SSB transmitter
output for spurs, harmonics, etc.?

Rick-

If you have a signal generator, you can use it as a local oscillator for
a Ham panadapter. The Heath SB-620 HamScan can be set up that way. I
used one many years ago to troubleshoot a Regency HR-6 and BTL-301 spur
problem.

I also had the TS-120S which had spurs. I took it back to the dealer,
who had a good technician at the time. Apparently incorporating all the
Kenwood tech bulletins will solve the problem unless you have a
defective component. Mine was clean as a whistle when I sold it.

Fred
K4DII