Old November 3rd 03, 09:01 PM
Cecil Moore

Roy Lewallen wrote:

A radiating stub does act differently than a lumped inductor, in both
modeling and reality. EZNEC should reflect this difference accurately.
If you're aware of a situation where you think it doesn't, please email
me the models illustrating the difficulty.

I have already done that but I just sent them to you again.

If you model a stub using a transmission line model, it should behave
exactly the same as a lossless lumped inductor at a given frequency.
However, it's an accurate model of reality only if the real stub has
exactly equal and opposite currents on the two conductors. That is, it's
an entirely non-radiating stub.

The difference in current between the two configurations that I sent to
you means the vertical stubs are radiating better than the horizontal
antenna which is unlikely since EZNEC doesn't show any vertical radiation.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp