Old August 11th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,uk.radio.amateur
Chaney's Laptop Chaney's Laptop is offline

Default 2m All Mode Rig

charlie wrote:
I looking to buy a used all mode base rig for two metres at the end
of year and am leaning towards an Icom IC820H. I have looked at the
comments on eHam and it looks as if this rig is a favourite. I
wonder if anyone has/had one and if they have any comments to make
on the rig.

TIA,

Charlie.

PS:I realise that a real radio amateur would buy a tin of biscuits,
eat the biscuits and then build his own rig in the tin from a bag of
components bought at his club's junk sale but I don't eat biscuits.

I've had a few VHF/UHF radio's over the years...Icom...Kenwood &
Yaesu...and I still have a FDK (don't ask)...The Yaesu FT-736R imo is
the tops...

PS: According to most on here a real radio amateur would have a "G" at
the beginning of his callsign!!!...

PPS: A real radio amateur wouldn't cross post!!!...according to most on
here...