Old August 13th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
amdx amdx is offline

Default Patch antenna Polarization?

"nx7u" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 12, 12:25 pm, "mike" wrote:
What is altered to change polarization (V/H) on a square patch antenna?
I see the corners are cut to make it circular polarization.
But how do you force horizontal or vertical on a square patch?
Mike

E-plane is along the "length" dimension...the E-vector points from the
side with the feed to the opposite side.
Altering the polarization is simple physical rotation, or feeding from
an adjacent side.

Ok, to make sure I understand;
If I put the feed on the lowerhalf of the patch the antenna would be
vertically polarized?
And, if I put the feed on the left or right half of the patch the antenna
would be horizontally polarized?
Now to complicate things, I see some patches split the difference and put
the feedpoint on the left side of the lowerhalf. What does that do?
Thanks, Mike