Old August 13th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default Scanner programming

That - is why I asked! I kinda thought it would be "too" easy! I have no
book or anything for the Pro 97, so you know how that goes! Time to start
letting my fingers get accustomed to the key pad.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

"wbertram" wrote in message
The answer is NO, you cannot clone a PRO-95 to a PRO-97.

These scanners "clone" from one to another by sending the memory map of
one to the other. The formats of the memory maps in the two models are
different, and the cloning process will not work.

Radiosrfun wrote:
I have a Pro - 95 scanner - which - by way of a jack on its side - you
can hook up to another Pro-95 to duplicate the programing. I come across
a Pro-97 which "appears" to have the same capability - by virtue of a
similar jack on the side of it.

I don't have any info on the Pro-97. Does anyone know - if you could
conceivably - program a Pro-97 by way of a Pro-95? Yeah, I could try it,
but don't want to risk damaging either - or deprogramming either as they
currently stand. Also, if it is possible to duplicate the 95 onto the
97 - what on the Pro-97 - would be the commands to do so? I can't recall
off the top of my head the Pro-95 commands - but have the book here for
it - to look up as needed. Are they the same - or?

Thanks!