Old August 12th 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo[_4_] David Eduardo[_4_] is offline

Default 90.7 Tijuana/Chula Vista Changing Frequency to 104.7

"Bart Bailey" wrote in message
In et posted
on Sun, 12 Aug 2007 19:22:43 GMT, David Eduardo wrote: Begin

"David" wrote in message
. ..
http://www.xlnc1.org/newsletter.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XHLNC-FM

The fact is that XHLNC is operating legally per US law and FCC
regulations... KPFK has no claim to protection in San Diego.

You can argue that point until you're as brown in the face as the
chicano you pretend to be, but until San Diego again has unfettered
reception of an alternative to all the right wing screed, I'll complain.

A Chicano is a US born person of Hispanic culture of Mexican heritage,
something I am not...

And, speaking of things that are "not" you can not change the fact that KPFK
does not have a protected signal in SD County, and the operation of XHLNC is
100% legal. There is also no right to being able to receive any particular
format, or the 13 reggae fans in Duluth would have a station for them.

KPFK barely gets listening in Los Angeles. Were is different, we would have
similar formats on commercial stations. In LA, KPFK is 43rd out of all
stations, while the combination of KFI, KABC, KRLA have 15 times more
listening. Despite having one of the two or three best FM signals in LA,
nearly nobody is listening.