Old August 13th 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] bajohnson29@yahoo.com is offline

Default 3 Killed In Missouri. Church Shooting

On Aug 12, 5:54 pm, wrote:
How many more tragedies am I going to have to post before you contact
your Senator and Congressman to demand immediate action?

As I've pleaded repeatedly for IT'S TIME TO END THE INSANITY AND
CONFISCATE GUNS! Guns have no place in a civilized society. How many
more innocent people are going to have to die before this nation
finally wakes up and does the inevitable - BAN GUNS!!!

A.W.S.
President
Gay, Lesbian, Transgendered Shortwave Club

NEOSHO, Mo. - A gunman opened fire in the sanctuary of a southwest
Missouri church Sunday, killing three people and wounding several
others, a city spokeswoman said.

About 25 to 50 people were briefly held hostage at the First
Congregational Church until the gunman surrendered, Neosho spokeswoman
Desiree Bridges said.

Fewer than 10 people were also shot and wounded, Bridges said.

The shooter was being held at the Newton County Jail, but police were
not releasing any information about him.

Bridges said he was related to someone in the church, but declined to
elaborate.

Bridges said the shooter had three firearms, but wouldn't say what
type. The shooting followed the 1 p.m. service.

And if just one of those church people had been carrying a gun - this
would have been over a lot quicker and with a lot less loss of
life.!!!

In the area I live in, the mayor just ran a big gun collection. Got
loads of weapons. But there are still shootings and killings and the
gang's are still strong -- so who did the gun collection help??