Old August 13th 07, 01:13 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Telstar Electronics Telstar Electronics is offline

Default VoiceMax has Arrived... Introductory Priced on Ebay

On Aug 12, 10:55 pm, "Big Joe" wrote:
The main problem I see with the voicemax is that it is a fast response,
short hold time audio compressor.
CBers like their audio clipped off on their peaks so they can sound LOUD and
like ****. The more screwed up the audio is the better they like it
Now if the compressor was followed by a clipper with some clipping on the
peaks, followed by a low pass filter, it could sound LOUD without splitter.
I forgot CBers like to splitter across the band so their buddies on the
band can hear them no matter what channel their on.

You're right... CBers as a rule sound bad. I don't think they do this
on purpose... although you'd never know that by the way they carry-
on... LOL
You're also right that a clipping type compressor makes you sound very
distorted... and should not be used for voice applications.
After all... clipping type compressors are most commonly used as an
accessory for electric guitars... where they are commonly referred to
as "fuzz boxes".
www.telstar-electronics.com