Old August 13th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
JoanD'arcRoast JoanD'arcRoast is offline

Default Sony ICF-S10MK2 -- Anyone here use it?

In article . com,
wrote:

On Aug 12, 2:46?am, JoanD'arcRoast wrote:
Do you recommend it for MWDX, or is it just inexpensive? Is it
selective and sensitive enough for DX? Audio good enough for solid QRZ?
Will an external outdoor antenna overload it?

-j

I have a handful of these - from Maryland I pick up most of the 50KW
AMs at night up to 1000 miles (WHO and WWL). Considering the
possibility of HD/IBOC being approved for nighttime (but, that seems
less likely now that Mexico has objected, as HD/IBOC violates
international treaties, and Canada may follow-suit), I wouldn't spend
too much for a good AM DXing radio. Ther radio is an excellent, cheap
but good quality radio. For more on the HD/IBOC violations got he

http://hdradiofarce.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the ideas and link.
-j