Old August 14th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tim Shoppa Tim Shoppa is offline

Default TS-530s Finals neutralization

On Aug 13, 8:55 pm, "KB3IBT Dan K" wrote:
Oh, wow, thanks for the explanation Uncle Peter. I really appreciate it! I'm
gonna stick with new tubes. I hope my TS-530 will be able to tune up. Its
been sitting almost a year collectin dust next to my beloved TS-870.
I tried tuning the 530 this past Sunday and it wouldn't budge. Nothing at
all. It still receives pretty good.

I gave you a lot of places to look in my other post, but suddenly the
"Nothing at all" rings a very clear bell. Replace the driver, a
12BY7A, first before suspecting the finals, and especially if the bias
current in the finals is doing the right thing.

Tim.