Old August 15th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Sarah Czepiel Sarah Czepiel is offline

Default Scanner programming

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 22:38:22 -0400, "Radiosrfun"
wrote:

:"Sarah Czepiel" wrote in message
. ..
: On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:05:53 -0400, "Radiosrfun"
: wrote:
:
: :I have a Pro - 95 scanner - which - by way of a jack on its side - you
: can
: :hook up to another Pro-95 to duplicate the programing. I come across a
: :Pro-97 which "appears" to have the same capability - by virtue of a
: similar
: :jack on the side of it.
: :
: :I don't have any info on the Pro-97. Does anyone know - if you could
: :conceivably - program a Pro-97 by way of a Pro-95? Yeah, I could try it,
: but
: :don't want to risk damaging either - or deprogramming either as they
: :currently stand. Also, if it is possible to duplicate the 95 onto the
: 97 -
: :what on the Pro-97 - would be the commands to do so? I can't recall off
: the
: :top of my head the Pro-95 commands - but have the book here for it - to
: look
: :up as needed. Are they the same - or?
: :
: :Thanks!
:
: Don't know about the Pro 95 but my local Radio Shack guys have cloned
: a Pro97 by a Pro96 and visa versa.
:
:I might give our local shack a call tomorrow to see if they have anything
:going on to make this job a tad quicker. Programming a 1000 freqs, gets a
:bit tiresome.
:
:Thanks
:

The guys at my RS connected a cloning cable between the Pro 97 and Pro
96. I don't know if they used any software such as the Win 96/97
software to do the files transfer. I have both the Win 96 and 97
programs and they are well worth the price of both.

Here's an online manual for the Pro97 which is far better than the one
that came with the scanner.

http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscann...unking_systems