Old August 16th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default BPL strikes another win ...

On Aug 16, 9:21 am, John Smith I wrote:

You just don't get the power of digital do you? Or, the laws which will
come ... however, confiscation of that ancient and moth ridden amp and
the fine which will be imposed will be something sane men will wish to
avoid ... I have a 5KW (never run over a calif kilo of input though :-)
)russian amp, its' last days are in sight :-(

JS

How would I get fined for pointing my antenna to Europe? It legal for
me to point my antenna to Europe, run an amp, and talk all day if
I want to.
I don't run 5 KW amps, calif kilo's, or other illegal activities as
you
admit to doing. So I would expect you to get a fine before I would.
BTW, the amp is an 81 model. Yes, fairly ancient, but it has no
moths living in it. As Mike points out, I probably wouldn't even need
it to keep BPL on hold. My amp will only do about 1400w max, so
I have no fear of breaking any power level rules.
Just my 100w radio into the yagi, aimed at Europe would probably
do the job.
I have this vision in my mind of a bunch of BPL techs jabbering
away like the guy in the movie "Cape Fear" as he's drowning
in the river.. Abadabajumbalikearedoka, aubadbababababdbaba.
LOL...Kills me to ponder the scenario..
So while you are moaning and groaning about the problem, I will
be taking care of it myself in an orderly military manner.
Any problems they have will be due to their own shoddy system
design and line leakage which is a two way street I remind..
Not my gear. So they won't have a leg to stand on if they or even
you complain to the FCC.
MK