Old August 16th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Stephanie Weil Stephanie Weil is offline

Default BPL strikes another win!

On Aug 16, 3:46 pm, John Smith I wrote:

I really don't know, aren't we already digital voice on emergency
service? If not, we should be. However, all we need to do is do it,
problem solved.

Considering how delicate a digital signal is -- and how little the
room for error is (either you have perfect reception or you have
nothing), do you think that's a good idea for emergency comms?

At least with analog, you may get some static, but you can still pick
up what the person is saying on the other end.

Stephanie Weil
New York City, USA