Old August 17th 07, 06:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. Onella Sal M. Onella is offline

Default Two Good Days Spent with Quads

"Yuri Blanarovich" wrote in message

Don't overlook that you can parallel two quads to get to 50 ohms as
well!

Much simpler solution, build 3 element quad with wide spaced elements and
you get 50 ohm impedance, good pattern/gain and simple antenna.

Well, there you go! I had it in the back of my head that adding appropriate
parasitics would pull the impedance down. My problem was that all I had to
fiddle with was the driven element and a reflector.

With apologies to Yuri, I may still try some of the stranger approaches --
simply to see what works and what doesn't.
(My approach to ham radio is like farmboys playing with dynamite, except you
don't usually kill nuthin'.)