Old August 17th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Dick Dick is offline

Default Vintage AM station

Every time I see one of those I think back to the time I built one
from a kit. Was still in high school. I was so proud of that
transmitter. Used crystals initially before I modified an ARC-5
transmitter as a VFO. Of course those days are gone forever, but
there is nothing to compare them to these days.

Dick - W6CCD

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:05:46 -0400, Ron in Radio Heaven
wrote:

Ralph W4ZO came over this afternoon with my Viking transmitter
in the trunk of his Crown Vic.
After some adjusting of the contacts on the Dow-Key relay
it's on the air.
You can see a photo of the AM station here,
http://radioheaven.homestead.com/AMstation.html

It's sitting on the right hand side of my big green chair.
The rest of the ham shack is on the left side.

If 75 meters gets a little less noisy maybe I find make some
QSOs.

3.885, really 3.88456 according to the freq counter.

73, Ron