Old August 19th 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.scanner
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default Ramsey AR-1C vhf airband kit

"Albert" wrote in message
Hi,

Anyone built this one? How stable was it?

Albert

I built a couple of their kits - and they worked for what they were intended
to do. However - a friend of mine built a "receiver" kit - and it really
sucked. He called Ramsey to see about getting it "repaired". They wanted
like $75 to do so. He paid almost $50 for the kit. He didn't feel like
shelling out another wad of cash - so he junked it.

All I can say is ask them about their repair/replacement issues first -
decide if you want to proceed - especially if you're not that skilled in
electronics. Good luck!