Old August 19th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Over the air HDTV: report

On Aug 19, 11:10 am, American Insurgent wrote:
On Aug 19, 7:05 am, Zeke Zzzppt wrote:

American Insurgent wrote:
I recently plunked down $650 to be able to get HDTV. That includes
$290 Polaroid 19" LCD HDTV,

Good luck with the "Polaroid"...

I knew 3 people that had a Polaroid VCR/DVD player combo and none of
them lasted for more than 6 months. Service and parts were unobtainable.

Look, I don't expect a TV from Wal-Mart to be that great anyway. I
needed a legit HDTV, and this was the cheapest. Unlike a VCR/DVD
machine, an LCD TV doesn't have any moving parts. Besides, once you
get below $500 or so, everything is made in China, and it's all pretty
much similar quality.

AI - Most of the Under-$750-LCD-HDTVs have a Brightness
of ~500 cd/m2 with a relatively good Contrast Ratio of 800:1

While the Over-$1250-HDTVs still have a Brightness of ~500
cd/m2 with a relatively much better Contrast Ratio of 2000:1

The 'quality' of the Picture "definition" is usually seen in the
Picture Contrast : Black picture background vice off-black
-and- relatively Brighter Colors and Color Intensity.

Note - Screen Size and Pixel Resolution being equal.

hdtv - seeing is believing ~ RHF