Old August 20th 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Engineer[_2_] Engineer[_2_] is offline

Default A spotty BC348 history

On Aug 17, 7:17 pm, K3HVG wrote:

(snip)

Finally, I'll add a tech suggestion. Some BC-348 versions have a
gain-leveling pot, mechanically attached to one end of the tuning
capacitor shaft. Its supposed to keep the receiver gain level over the
tuning range of each band. You can get just a bit more gain by
bypassing this pot. If the pot is going bad, it can help a lot to
bypass it, of course!

Thanks, good info...
IIRC, mine has that pot but it's packed away at the moment so I'll
check next time I use it. By-passing it sounds a good idea (but
leaving it there with a note!)
Cheers,
Roger