Old August 20th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
FUBAR[_2_] FUBAR[_2_] is offline

Default where do I look for this info???

if its open/unsecured, then not too much of a problem.

you will need a high gain yagi type antenna pointed at the site in question
and you *will* need some microwave low loss coax cable to feed it to a
wireless network device on your machine. That cable will probably be the
most expensive part of yoursetup..

one way to overcome loss in the cable would be to use a "wireless range
extender" with removable antennas. you could effectively use it as a line
repeater (mind you, this device isn't cheap either (about $200.00)).

you can google for wireless+internet+range+extender+antenna and see what
pops up.

kc5cqa wrote:

I hope u can help. I live out in the boonies, and have 'dial
up', about 5 miles from my qth is a I-35 rest area with 'wireless'.
I have been told, the 'wireless' extends two or three miles in both
directions. Where do I post a question about trying to excess this
wireless service???? thanks in advance. cl73