Old August 20th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob Bob Bob Bob is offline

Default where do I look for this info???

Do a search for "hotspots" maybe?

Take your laptop etc down there and see what the SSID is for the
service. It may indicate who it belongs to...

If you have LOS to the site and can arrange a high gain directive
antenna (eg yagi/disk) then you might just get connected!

Found an article about Sprint having provided a hotspot near Devine;

http://www.bbwexchange.com/pubs/2007...369-567277.asp

Note that this isn't the open 802.11x variety but their own $ network.

You can also try this search engine but I don't know how accurate the
results are.

http://www.jiwire.com/search-hotspot-locations.htm

Good luck!

Cheers Bob W5/VK2YQA East Texas

kc5cqa wrote:

I hope u can help. I live out in the boonies, and have 'dial
up', about 5 miles from my qth is a I-35 rest area with 'wireless'.
I have been told, the 'wireless' extends two or three miles in both
directions. Where do I post a question about trying to excess this
wireless service???? thanks in advance. cl73