Old August 21st 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Martes Jerry Martes is offline

Default where do I look for this info???

"kc5cqa" wrote in message
I hope u can help. I live out in the boonies, and have 'dial
up', about 5 miles from my qth is a I-35 rest area with 'wireless'.
I have been told, the 'wireless' extends two or three miles in both
directions. Where do I post a question about trying to excess this
wireless service???? thanks in advance. cl73

Hi Charles

Five miles is a long way for a WiFi link up. My suggestion is for you to
not spend any money on this "link up" till you are sure the parts you buy
*will* produce a good connection to the 'wireless' site.
If this was my project, I'd be looking for a 10 foot satellite TV dish
that I could mount to look at the wireless site which will be line of sight,
of course.
I am pretty sure that, if you do get your system to work, you will have a
wireless Bridge at the antenna so it connects to your computer via CAT 5
cable, not coax.

Jerry