Old August 21st 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Doug Smith W9WI[_2_] Doug Smith W9WI[_2_] is offline

Default Over the air HDTV: report

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:51:20 -0700, American Insurgent wrote:
Sounds like the station is programmed improperly and isn't sending a
proper "TVCT" ("Virtual Channel Table").

Yeah, I figured something like that. Tertiary stations skimp on lots
of stuff, since they don't have lots of cash.

An improper TVCT is theoretically illegal - the FCC regulations
incorporate the ATSC standard - but I suspect the Commission will settle
for the station being on the air at all and using a virtual channel number
that doesn't conflict with anyone else...

In any case, no extra equipment is necessary to do it right. It's just a
matter of properly setting up the equipment the station already has. Of
course, that does require a qualified engineer, which is usually more
expensive than better equipment.....

Did you get this from a website? If you did, I'd like the url, since I
may be living in a different state on D Day.

My own(grin).
http://www.w9wi.com/tvdb/dtvfinal/dtvindex.htm
The data comes from an FCC spreadsheet.

I can't get HD channel 62 (analog 64). But it really doesn't matter,
since it's Telemundo (Spanish).

I think channel 62 (and 64) are on Mt. Diablo, quite a bit further from
Sacramento than the other stations.