Old August 21st 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T) Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T) is offline

Default Off-center fed dipole, questions

Good afternoon, Richard and Dave.

Thanks for the good information. I guess I will try as Dave suggests and
try some different configurations and see which one works best. Probably
the one I'll try first is the Carolina Windom, for which the radiating
feedline (the 22 ft. from the balun to the unun) is one of the design
objectives. Not really sure about the significance of the 22 ft section
between balun and unun ... it's not a quarter wavelength at anything of
interest... but I'll try it and see.