Old August 22nd 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim Lux Jim Lux is offline

Default Off-center fed dipole, questions

Cecil Moore wrote:
Jim Lux wrote:

I doubt there's anything special about the 22 ft.

I've been told that 22 ft. is special, i.e.
virtually everyone can get his vertical
section 22 feet off the ground. (The original
Windom had a vertical radiating section.)

As opposed to 20 ft or 21 ft or 25 ft?

I find it hard to believe that there's an electrical reason for 22ft.
Mechanical or convenience I can believe.

Maybe it fits well with the length of their isolators, etc. and matches
a convenient pole height (e.g. isolator plus sag plus 22ft plus whatever
exactly matches 26 ft 3" or whatever the pole is)