Old August 24th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Crackles McFarly Crackles McFarly is offline

Default FIPS Code. Entering the right one? Why can't I receive alerts??

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 17:32:35 -0400, Sarah Czepiel
sayd the following:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:17:09 -0400, "Radiosrfun"
wrote:

:"Crackles McFarly" wrote in message
: 029047 -- Are you suppose to Begin the code with the Zero?
:
: Is it suppose to be 6 digits and if no number starts the 2nd of 6
: digits, you're suppose to add a zero to the front?
:
: A county for example is 21099 as listed with NWS, am I suppose to add
: a zero to the front, making it 021099???
:
: I set the radio up this way and did not receive the test signal
: weekly. NWS guy told me Wednesdays 10am-noon was the time, it never
: happened.
: I'm quite concerned that this radio does not seem to currently have
: the ability to alert me to even a TEST signal..
:
: It's Midland Model #74-250
: Here's the Manual for it
: http://www.midlandradio.com/comersus...log/74-250.pdf
:
:
: thanks if you can help me..

snip helpful hints and info offered...

:I'm not trying to be smart by saying this, but it would be a help if you go
:back through the manual and "READ" it - play with buttons, change settings
:to get used to them and then set it as you wish - to familiarize yourself
:completely with the radio. Once you get to know the radio better- maybe you
:can better figure out what the issue is you are having. Not having one in
:hand - those of us trying to help - are sort of helpless.
:
:This is about all I can offer - if you keep having issues, try contacting
:Midland - http://www.midlandradio.com/ they have a "Contact us" button
:there.
:
:I think I'm out of help for you at this stage. Good luck.
:
:L.

Yep, me too. It helps to read the manual plus Google shows there is a
wealth of info available if you actually try and look for it.

I'm wondering what new unique piece of information my mind will
receive by reading the manual 11 times? i've read it 10 times
already..
I've also downloaded the PDF file, read it 6 times.