Old August 25th 07, 12:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Highland Ham Highland Ham is offline

Default My vacuum tube homebrew transmitter

There was a golden rule of always keeping your left hand in your
pocket while working with your right hand inside a mains powered or
high voltage device. An AC/DC powered device could deliver quite a lot
current through the mains fuse and rectifier. If you touched some high
voltage part (possibly causing a cramp in your hand), the current
would not go through your hart and you would have the other hand
operational to pull the plug.

Being left handed I now realise that I must be very happy to be alive

Frank GM0CSZ