Old August 26th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default TRC-207

"Paul Johnson" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 24, 4:51 pm, "Radiosrfun" wrote:
Has anyone got the schematic at the least - or service manual for the
TRC -
207 - 40 Channel CB Walkie Talkie? I have one here with an issue - and
have
no info on it.

That looks like a Realistic model number, am I correct?

Yesirree you are correct. I don't have it here in front of me, but I think
the last four digits of the cat number are 1625.

I can see the "Final" transistor is cracked and whether "that" is causing
one of the issues alone or not - I'm not sure. The modulation level is less
than expected on the scope and the Audio stage transformer is getting mighty
warm - has already made the case top get wrinkled. Intermittently, the thing
is going into a "Scan" mode on channels. I'll have to check the switches
too - make sure they're not sticking or whatever.

I hate diagnosing stuff without schematics - if one can be had. I have one I
bought new - got this one used minus antenna and so on - for $3. I got an
antenna to use on it - just want to get it fixed up as a mate to the other.