Old August 26th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Roadie Roadie is offline

Default FA Kenwood R-5000 Pristine w/VHF

On Aug 26, 12:30 pm, dxAce wrote:
Roadie wrote:
On Aug 26, 12:11 pm, dxace1 wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=270159086992&...

Buy it now for $1,049 and help fund a retirement plan. Since the ad
doesn't state, I'm assuming those are not Kenwood filters that have
been added.

Let me also state here, that although I've never met Dan, I would be willing to
say that he's a first rate SWL and DX'er and is fairly well known in the
community for a good number of years, and, I don't think that he'd ever sell
anyone a piece of junk.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

The Ebay listing states: "there is a DC power plug installed on the
back of the receiver, however there is no DC connection yet inside the
receiver".

It's been a while since I added a DC adapter to an R-5000. However, I
believe the receiver plug, internal connectors and 12v cord came as a
kit. The receiver components were installed by removing a small plate
on the receiver back. If the plug is there but there are no
connectors to the receiver board it means 1 of 2 things. Either the
connectors were snipped off, or the guts from one radio were married
to the case of another.

That does not describe a pristine radio.