Old August 27th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default 160m Stealth - (was- LQQKing for 160m)

John Doe wrote:
2] I live in a Antenna restricted community, and I have a 40ft pine tree
in my back yard.

Now you are getting somewhere. Run a 40 foot vertical wire
up the tree and use some of the upper limbs for a top hat
made out of small wires. Feed it at the base of the tree
with an autotuner. A 40 foot vertical will radiate ten
times as much RF on 160m as will a 10 foot vertical.
The addition of top hat wires can double that figure.
You may get such an antenna to be 10% efficient.

As far as radials go - They are out of the question.

At the autotuner, you need a counterpoise of some kind
unless you live in a salt water swamp. If you can bury
coax, can you also bury a 100 foot counterpoise? Note
that the ground causes the counterpoise to have a low
velocity factor so 1/4WL of wire is not necessary.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com