Old August 27th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Al Al is offline

Default Replacement for Carbon Comp resistors

In article .com,
Telstar Electronics wrote:

On Aug 26, 4:24 pm, "George Kavanagh" wrote:
I'm in the process of removing parasitics in the final of a 6DQ5 75W
transmitter (1963 ARRL HB, pg 176), and am in need of source for 2+ watt
non-inductive reistors for parasitic traps in grid & plate circuits.
Sources for higher wattage carbon composition resistors seem to have dried
up. Can ceramic composition resistors, such as Ohmite's OX/OY series be
used? They are touted as "non-inductive". Please advise.

Those don't say anything about their inductance... think you should
consider http://www.ohmite.com/catalog/pdf/tfs.pdf
www.telstar-electronics.com

What values do you need? I have a bunch from the 60's. Clean and never
used. If you need a couple and your needs match my supply, I'll just
mail them to you.

Al