Old August 27th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David David is offline

Default Time to throw in the towel on HD Radio !

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 18:43:40 -0700, Stephanie Weil
wrote:

On Aug 26, 2:58 am, "Pete KE9OA" wrote:
Have you ever looked at an IBOC signal with a spectrum analyzer?

On Aug 26, 2:58 am, "Pete KE9OA" wrote:
Have you ever looked at an IBOC signal with a spectrum analyzer? I don't
think to. Of course, you are joking when you try to tell people about the
interference that you don't get from the local IBOC stations.

I've seen the shape of one on a screen capture. Yes, I know, not the
same thing, but still.

On AM, if you try to tune in a faint out of market station in the
daytime -- say AM 74 out of Huntington, NY -- which is between AM 710
and AM 77 in New York (both IBOC stations), you can't. If you're not
getting hash from 710, you're getting it from 77, either of which
wipes out the already pitiful reception of this peanutwhistle on AM
74.

If you try to tune in AM 1240 out of Morristown, NJ, you'll be hit
with interference from AM 1280 (another local station running IBOC).

Stephanie Weil
New York City, USA

Here we have:

780 KKOH
790 KABC
810 KGO

all obliterating each other and all owned by the same company. AM is
about to die.