Old August 28th 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus D Peter Maus is offline

Default Time to throw in the towel on HD Radio !

Brenda Ann wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
Pete KE9OA wrote:
You are correct...........iBiquity didn't make that claim. The local
radio station on 97.1 calls theirselves "high definition radio".
When I spoke to one of the PR folks at iBiquity a couple of years ago,
they made the claim that when I heard the hi fidilety capabilities of
IBOC on the MW band that I would be impressed. When I asked them about
eliminating the interference to the adjacent channels, they didn't have
an answer.

LOL...no....and why would they?

iBiquity is very good at not answering questions, I've noticed. You'd
think for the kind of money they get for licensing alone, they'd be a
little less with the Microsoft attitude and a little more appreciative of
the pigeons paying tribute.

But, I expect too much.

Like interference free broadcasting.

What the hell was I thinking.....

That's why the NAB fought tooth and nail to keep the pirates from getting a
legal toehold... they wanted to use all that bandwidth so THEY could legally
interfere with their competition.

You know, if it weren't so true, that would be funny.