Old August 30th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Photon vs Wave emissions from antennas?

Ed G wrote:

Sorry, the above just doesn't compute with me. I'll sit aside in
this thread and just watch.....

Ed

Ed:

In a nut shell:

Light displays the qualities of consisting of photons AND waves.
Naturally the question arises, "Is light composed totally of one or the
other--or both?" (and, you can propose all sorts of side questions from
this one ...)

Some argue that this extends to rf also (at the top of the microwaves
there is the infrared, at least enough to gain ones' attention.) And,
some even go as far as to say rf is composed of photons--ONLY, but these
have wave qualities.

This URL should get you well established on the ground floor of this
ongoing debate and "friendly" argument:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment

Regards,
JS