Old August 31st 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Ferrite cores instead of a 1:1 current-choke UnUn for a CarolinaWindom

Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T) wrote:
If so, how many should I use? I have four of them now and the local Radio
Shack claims to have some more in stock.

You are trying to create a w2du current-choke-balun. Use the RS
devices along with some #77 or #43 ferrite beads from Amidon.
(Known characteristics for less than $5 seems to me to be
superior to unknown characteristics for more than $5.)

http://www.amidoncorp.com/aai_ferritesforrfi.htm
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com