Old September 1st 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
james james is offline

Default Hey... What Happened to Frank?

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 04:27:17 -0700, Telstar Electronics
wrote:

|On Aug 29, 11:37 pm, " Peter" wrote:
| Some UK shops can now find out how this wonder
| product can "double the power" of FM CB radios.
| I'll bet you didn't know that you can double the power
| of an FM transmitter with a speech processor, huh?
|
|Stop talking nonsense... we both know that the doubling of power
|refers only to AM(DSB) signals. However, don't discount the fact that
|VoiceMax can increase the usable range of an FM transmitter as well...
|by holding the deviation at the maximum allowable level.
|Cheers,
|www.telstar-electronics.com

|------------

And if your were indeed an engineer you would know that a speech
compressor can't double the power of a Double Sideband Amplitude
Modulated signal with full carrier.

Carrier always remains constant in DSB-AM large carrier signals.
Modulation only increases the power in the sidbands. Once you hit 100%
modulation on the peaks you will have the maximum power in the
sidebands. After that all modulating power above that is in the
harmonics of the sidebands. Therefore increasing transmitted
bandwidth.

You should have learned that in Analysis of Linear Systems along with
studying the Fourier Transform either in Linear Systems or
Differential Equations class or both clases.

james